Sunday 30 January 2011

East Lomond 30 January 2011

Peter Gunning suggested meeting up at East Lomond today and I was so keen for a fly I beat them all to it and got to the slope before the rest arrived.



The wind was blowing about 20-25 MPH but the temperature was minus 2 C in the car park so probably minus 3 or 4 on the slope. It felt much colder!! Windchill was quite significant although not as bad as the last time I was up East Lomond a couple of weeks ago.

I flew my Vikos with all the brass ballast fitted which is about 2/3 of the full load and it was going well although the right aileron servo arm needs moving on it’s spline. I knocked this servo loose last time and it has obviously not gone back in exactly the same position and I have run out of sub-trim throw on the transmitter. An easy fix in the workshop but not on a sub-zero hillside so I put up flying with some trim on the aileron. It was still nice and fast.

Peter flew his Extreme and it was going as well as it ever does. Extremely swift! Peter later flew his Cyril and had a moment when he launched the model with the transmitter still set to his Extreme. Woops! Inverted landing but luckily no real damage done and Peter then had a brief flight with his Cyril but cut it short because the cold was getting to him.

Mike flew his Voltij aerobatic model and it was liking the good wind although Mike wasn’t liking the cold much. I think Mike’s Ascot stayed in the cosy bag!

Craig flew a Rico-she? foamie before giving his Spark F3F model a flight which went well after it (and Craig) recovered from my limp wristed launch. Sorry Craig :o(

After over 2 hours we had had enough and headed back to the cars for a heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment