Wednesday 11 September 2013

Carrot Hill in very light south easterly

I took my DLG out for a walk from Carrot Hill to Dodd Hill and had fun trying to find light slope lift off the gentle slope looking towards the river Tay. With some thermal assistance I had many enjoyable flights although not all landings were very elegant!
 
Just after I arrived at Dodd Hill I heard a distant roar and saw what I assume to be the Red Arrows departing Leuchars after the display on Saturday. Could be the last time they are there?
 
Distant view of Red Arrows taking off from Leuchars

You can just make out the planes having turned off their smoke.
 

Longshot having a rest.
 
Leason learned. I discovered that if you fly the Longshot for more than 90 minutes the rx battery gives up!! Thank goodness for nice soft bracken/heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment